Random Acts of Kindness
SRP Federal Credit Union has always been a part of the communities we serve. We donate both monetarily and through the volunteerism of our staff to help make our communities better. When the COVID-19 pandemic made “normal” life a thing of the past, and many of our community friends and businesses were struggling financially, SRP decided to help with the Random Acts of Kindness program. Our staff scoured the area and began paying for meals for families as they began venturing out again to eat in restaurants as they opened their doors. We paid off layaways for Christmas shoppers and paid for services as people made their way back to small businesses.
Although the pandemic crisis period has passed, SRP has decided to continue the Random Acts of Kindness program to give back to people in the community in hopes they will pay it forward by showing an act of kindness to another. By helping each other and being kind to one another, our communities will prosper. Listed below are some of the Random Acts of Kindness SRP has done in our community over the past few months.
- Patients at Christ Community's medical office on Peach Orchard Road were surprised with $50 Walmart gift cards at the end of their doctor's visit one afternoon
- Many diners at local downtown Aiken restaurants had their lunches paid for compliments of SRP one afternoon
- In recognition of the difficult work they do daily for burn patients, the 130 nurses at the Joseph M. Still Burn Unit at Doctor's Hospital received $25 gift cards to various restaurants in our area
- 142 new hardcover children's books were donated to RISE Augusta to be distributed to individual children in the CSRA as gifts to promote reading
- On a Wednesday morning (Senior Citizens Day) at Publix in Aiken, twenty $100 Publix gift cards were given to senior shoppers for their grocery shopping
- On a Wednesday morning (Senior Citizens Day) at Publix in North Augusta, twenty $100 Publix gift cards were given to senior shoppers for their grocery shopping
- Delivered 24 boxed breakfasts from McAlister’s Deli to the University Prompt Care and Primary Care Sweetwater workers
- Distributed $25 Walmart gift cards to service workers at shop around Robert C. Daniel Parkway in Augusta, Ga. including (but not limited to) MOD Pizza, Starbucks, Subway, Roma Pizza, Smoothie King, Barberitos, and Great Clips
- During Bus Driver Appreciation Week, SRP recognized 38 school bus drivers who work in Area 3 in the Aiken County Public School District with $25 Walmart gift cards.